Sustainability & Recycling
What we do:
We think about every aspect of what we do and how we can improve so we can reduce our impact on the environment.
- We pay additional costs to recycle all our innertubes and tyres through the Velorim scheme
- We are proud to work with suppliers like Shimano who improved the packaging to make it completely plastic free and easier to process through regional recycling schemes.
- We refurbish and reuse bike parts where possible to give them a new lease of life
- We work with local suppliers like Househill Embroidery who have supplied our corporate clothing which is made from recycled plastic or organic cotton
- We work with local partners like Nairn Breeze and Green Hive to promote cycling and provide bicycle maintenance sessions
- We love to move the family around on two wheels too and enjoy lots of car free days. We use bike trailers and the fantastic Shotgun seats to move us around or cycle to the beach 😊
What you can do:
- Clean your bike – sand and dirt are the enemies of bike components! Even a quick rinse after riding really does help prolong the life of your bike and its components.
- Get your bike serviced regularly – regular maintenance keeps everything working better for longer!
- Check out the Nairn active travel map to plan your routes if you fancy having more car free days
- We offer advice on family cycling and supply Shotgun seats which are great for taking your little one out and about.
- Offer solutions and advice to anyone experiencing barriers to cycling for example through injury.
- If your bike is beyond repair have a chat with us – if we can’t recycle it contact one of these local organisations who could make use of it: Newstart Highland, Bike Revolution or Moray Wastebusters
Feedback from some of our happy customers